Wednesday 11 March 2015

5 Product Mummy/Maternity Face - AKA 'Lazy Make up'

Hi everyone, hope everyone is well.

Having been stuck at home for a few weeks now, I was beginnging to get fed up of looking in the mirror and seeing my non-make up, tired face everyday! So this week I decided to put on a bit of make up so that I don't cower behind my dressing gown when someone knocks on the door, or frantically throw on foundation when a visitor arrives. But I only wanted to use a few products that I would be able to whack on in about 5/10 minutes. I also feel like this will be a great, quick routine for when Baby J is here and I need to cover my bags under my eyes and perk up my tired skin. Here's what I used...


Pixi Beauty Illuminating Tint and Conceal (shade no 2 - bare glow): £21.50 from here
I absolutely LOVE this product!!! It is a tinted moisturiser with perfectly matching concealer in the cap. The base gives light coverage and has tiny speckles of shimmer in it to really lift your complexion. I start by rubbing this in with my fingers, then use the concealer anywhere I need to conceal as well as under my eyes and over my eye lids (as an eye shadow) to correct the colour. The concealer is so creamy, it's very easy to blend.

Bourjois Little Round Pot Cream Blush (shade no1): £7.99 from here
A great little product, and I love the packaging - it even has a little mirror inside. I use my fingers to blend a small amount of this onto my cheeks and up my cheekbones. It gives a gorgeous rosy glow to my cheeks.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil (shade Perversion): £15.50 from here
This is a really good long lasting eyeliner that doesn't smudge, in a typical pencil style. I simply swipe this under my eye along my waterline just to make my eyes pop a bit.

Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara (shade Black): £19.50 from here
There is a reason this is the UK's best selling mascara. I absolutely LOVE this - and I'm a mascara junkie but am converted to this completely and have been for a year or so now. The formula is really black and the wand really grabs your lashes to lengthen and separate. It also lasts FOREVER even though it isn't waterproof (I have to really scrub to get it off). A little swipe of this on my lower and upper lashes - I simply can't go without mascara. This would be a desert island product for me.

L'Oreal Paris Brow Artist Eyebrow Pencil (shade blonde): £5.49 from here
This is a great travel product as it incorporates an eyebrow brush, pencil and wax in one pencil! I brush my eyebrows to shape them, then use the pencil to shade in any gaps, and finish with the wax to set. I feel it just really finishes off my face to have tidy eyebrows!

So that's my 5 product face - perfect for Mummies and Mummies-to-be or for when you just don't have time to put a full face on. Hope you enjoyed!

What would your 5 products be?
D x



No comments:

Post a Comment