Saturday 10 May 2014

My Make-Up Must Haves!




Hello... My name is Dani... and I am a Make-Up-aholic!!! I've always loved make-up but as I've grown *cough* older (sad face), I have found a select few items that will FOREVER grace my make-up bag. So I thought I'd write a blog about the make up that I will buy again and again.

Lancome Teint Miracle - For the last few months, I have been on the search for a new foundation. I dabbled with the mineral powders, the mousses and the compacts but just couldn't get on with them. I have fairly normal skin (please don't hurt me!) but sometimes have breakouts or dry patches, and was looking for something buildable and light. I fell head over heels in love with this foundation! It is A-MA-ZING! It gives medium to full coverage and leaves a dewy, fresh faced finish. The first time I wore it I got so many comments! Definitely my go-to foundation from now on. It has recently won a Beauty Bible award in the anti-aging category so it is also good for more mature skin. Priced at £28.50 (and available from here) it is mid ranged, but it's a beautiful, big, glass bottle and will last you a while.

Estee Lauder Double Wear All Day Glow BB Cream - On my hunt for the perfect foundation, I also wanted  new tinted moisturiser but didn't really get on with any I tried. I tried this because it is oil-free and because I suffer with milia, I didn't want any oils that would clog my pores and make matters worse. Like its Double Wear Foundation counterpart, it lasts all day and provides pretty good coverage (more than a tinted moisturiser) and lights my face up. It's a nice consistency too, quite creamy but not too thick. It's also loaded with SPF 30 so perfect for Summer Day wear. It is priced at £29 and available from here)

Benefit They're Real Mascara in Black - This is the UK's best selling mascara for a reason. It is friggin' AWESOME. I've been using this mascara ever since it came out, converted from Benefit's Bad Gal mascara. It separates, it lifts, it sticks around all day even though it isn't waterproof (Benefit - if you're reading - bring a waterproof formula out soon!!), it's just everything you want in a mascara. Priced at £19.50 and available from here.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz - I hadn't used my a shimmer brick for a while, but whilst having my make up trial for my wedding (Natasha Wiggins is an incredible make-up artist BTW - visit her here) she used one on my skin and I loved the finished look. I went straight out and bagged myself one. I chose Pink Quartz which I layer over a nude/pink blush, and it gives a lovely soft, warm glow. It's a little pricey for a blush/highlighter powder at £32 but its worth every penny and will last you FOREVER. Can be purchased here and is available in 5 shades.

Dior 3 Couleurs Smoky in 091 Smoky Black - This is a great little trio combining a base, a matte and  iridescent eyeshadows. I swipe the base all over my lids, use the matte black/dark grey in the socket line and corners and then BLEND BLEND BLEND (I don't particularly pull off the 'I've just been punched in the face' look), and then I sweep on some of the sparkly grey in the corners. As with all Dior shadows, they are a beautiful texture, uber-blendable, and come in a pretty swanky compact. Priced at £36 (but will last ages!) and available in 4 different shades from here.

L'oreal La Touche Magique Concealer in Ivory Beige - This is desperately trying to be YSL Touche Eclat and doesn't quite manage it, but it works pretty damn well as a spot covering/under eye concealer. It has quite a matte finish (despite claiming to be highlighting) and therefore covers blemishes well. It's a pretty nifty £8.19 and available (on a 3 for 2 offer ATM) from here.

No. 7 Stay Perfect Amazing Eyes Pencil in Black - FINALLY! A pencil eyeliner that doesn't smudge during the course of the day! I have tried every pencil that claims to be 24hr or waterproof and this one knocks them out of the park in my opinion. It's got a lovely little smudger at the end too so you can achieve that smokey eye look. A bargain at £6.50 and available from here.

Bourjois Little Round Pot of Cream Blush in 01 Nude Velvet - This is quite a new addition to my make up collection, but I don't know how I did without it! It was recently a finalist in the Beauty Insider's Choice Awards. It goes on and blends in well, a nice matte but also sheer colour (not too heavy but buildable) and gives a great finish. I apply with my fingers to the apples of my cheeks and blend backwards. A great drug-store find and a bargainous £7.99 available from here in four shades.

So those are my make-up bag must haves, these are the items I will always select if I'm going away, for example and throw them into my kit. Absolutely love them!

Thanks for reading.
Dani x


No comments:

Post a Comment