Sunday 18 May 2014

Skincare Essentials

L-R: Pixi Glow Tonic, Hydraluron serum, Avene Hydrance Optimale Light moisturiser,  Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, Vichy Aqualia Thermale Eye Roll on, REN Vita-Mineral Day cream, Body Shop Chamomile Cleansing oil.


So with the wedding fast approaching, I decided to start taking better care of my skin. I 100% blame Caroline Hiron's blog for this (you can have a little read here), and for forcing me (I honestly resisted!! I promise I did!) to spend a small fortune on making my face pretty. I have pretty normal skin but do suffer with milia around my eye area, and a bit of congestion on my T Zone. After a few months of trial and error (OH the errors!), I have found my go-to products. And the best news is, most of them are mid price range!

This was one of my first purchases after following Caroline's blog but it's a good 'un. It is alcohol free but full of glycol acid to gently exfoliate your skin to remove impurities and dead skin cells. When I use it, it honestly makes my skin glow! However, I'm not a fan of the smell, but have decided to grin and bare it as it 100% works! I use it during my toner step in the evenings.

Hydraluron Moisutre Booster Serum: (£24.99 from Boots.com)
Another of Caroline Hirons' faves. It really is brilliant. It contains a pure form of hyaluronic acid, an incredibly hydrating ingredient that holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water. The result is plumper, hydrated, glowing skin. I use this every night before my moisturiser, and my skin feels amazing when I wake up!.

Avene Hydrance Optimale Light Hydrating Cream: (£13.50 from boots.com)
This is basic, fragrance free and light but it gives my skin exactly what it needs day to day and leaves a great 'slip' on the skin for my make up. It is paraben free and mineral oil free, so it's great for my milia and sensitive skin.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish: (Available in a variety of sizes from £3.25 at Liz Earle.com)
This is THE most awarded cleanser in the UK and I can understand why. It is very natural, again free from mineral oil but it's very rich and creamy. It dissolves make up and cleans impeccably. I, however, don't use the muslin cloth. I find them scratchy. I use a bog standard white flannel and use the hot flannel method (hand hot water on your flannel, squeeze out the water and then wipe off your cleanser - gives you a little exfoliate at the same time. As per Caroline Hirons, new flannel each day!). I love it, and I love the smell. I feel like I've had a facial afterwards and I love how many different sizes it comes in.

Vichy Aqualia Thermale Eye Roll On: (£14 from boots.com)
I love this! It's paraben free and really light so doesn't aggravate my milia. I use it day and night before moisturiser. It completely gets rid of my dark circles and gives me a 'wake me up' sort of look. It's especially nice kept in the fridge for a more cooling effect.

REN Vita-Mineral Daily Supplement Moisturising Cream: (£19 from REN Skincare.com)
This is a fairly new find, I actually received a sample size of it and I'm in love! I randomly (I'm fairly random anyways) use it at night as I'm struggling to find a night cream I like, and it's thicker than my avenue day cream. It smells great, it's rich enough to soothe my skin but light enough not to break me out, it's paraben and mineral oil free so doesn't clog me up or affect my milia. I need MORE of this soon!

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil: (£10 from TheBodyShop.com)
If you haven't heard about this, where the heck have you been! This stuff is A-MA-ZING!!! It literally melts away your make-up, even waterproof mascara like a hot knife through butter. I use it as a pre-cleanse every night to get rid of my make up and dirt etc. It's sooooooo silky and moisturising too. Again, paraben and mineral oil free and perfect for sensitive skins as well as contact lens wearers. Seriously - TRY THIS NOW! 

That's all for now, but I've recently come across the most incredible hair oil - my hair feels like silk! More on that next week...

Thanks for reading,
D x

No comments:

Post a Comment